The Overlay Framework
OverSim is an open-source overlay and peer-to-peer network simulation framework for the OMNeT++ simulation environment. The simulator contains several models for structured (e.g. Chord, Kademlia, Pastry) and unstructured (e.g. GIA) P2P systems and overlay protocols.
OverSim was developed at the Institute of Telematics (research group Prof. Zitterbart), Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) within the scope of the ScaleNet project funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research. The simulator is actively developed and open to contributions. If you have any questions regarding OverSim, please send an email to the MailingList.
If you write a paper using OverSim, please use the following citation: bibtex reference.
February 10, 2013
- There will be an OverSim tutorial at the OMNeT++ workshop in Cannes on March 5th (together with Simutools 2013).
December 6, 2012
- Released OverSim-20121206.
- Compatible with OMNeT++ 4.2.2 and gcc 4.7
- Complete rewrite of Pastry and Bamboo using OverSim's RPC interface
- SimpleUnderlay: added optional tx queue for the destination access router (parameter enableAccessRouterTxQueue)
- InetUnderlay now depends on unmodified INET-20111118
- Many other bugfixes and enhancements (take a look at doc/ChangeLog)
February 1, 2012
- OverSwarm is an OverSim extension for creating and evaluating swarm intelligence based peer-to-peer network algorithms. Download it on the OverSwarm website.
Good Starting Points
- OverSimGuide -- Starting point for the OverSim documentation.
- OverSimFeatures -- Already available and planned OverSim features.
- OverSimDownload -- Download OverSim on this page.
- MailingList -- Join the mailinglist for user and developer discussions.
- OverSimPublications -- Publications related to OverSim
- OverSimTeam -- The core developers of OverSim.
- P2PNS/P2PSIP -- A distributed name service for P2PSIP built with OverSim
For a complete list of available wiki pages, see TitleIndex.